Open Germany Blocked Account instantly. Click here to watch a video to Know How!
Why Open a Germany Blocked Account with ICICI Bank?
Receive a Debit
Get complimentary travel insurance
when you purchase a public health insurance (from insurers such as Techniker Krankenkasse or Barmer)
No branch visits
with paperless PIN
and OTPs on mobile
to open your Blocked
- +91 4071 403 336
- +49 61 96923 9537
Know more about ICICI Bank Blocked Account!
How much does it cost to open a Blocked Account with ICICI Bank?
You have to pay a fee of only EUR 150 at the time of opening a Blocked Account. This amount has to be transferred while funding your German Blocked Account. Apart from this, there are NO hidden charges or additional monthly/annual account management fees.
What are the requirements to apply for a Blocked Account?
As per the German VISA regulations, if you are applying or planning to apply for a German VISA as a student/jobseeker/nurse, every applicant, who is not a European Union (EU) citizen, is required to provide proof of funds for their stay in Germany. ICICI Bank Germany provides you with instant Blocked Account number, which you can fund and get your Blocked Account Certificate for your VISA application.
Benefits of ICICI Bank Germany Blocked Account!
- Digital account opening process, no branch visits required
- Get a complimentary fully functional Current Account for daily banking needs
- Get a complimentary travel insurance when you purchase public health insurance (from Techniker Krankenkasse or Barmer)
- Receive your VISA Debit Card while you are in India
- Paperless online Debit Card PIN
- Withdraw cash from any VISA ATM throughout Europe
- English documentation
- Service helpline numbers in Germany & India
Quick Facts about Blocked Account in Germany
- The German Blocked Account acts as a financial proof and it is a prerequisite for a Student or Job Seeker VISA. German immigration services do not allow students/job seekers/nurses without financial stability to study or search for jobs in Germany. The amount to be transferred into the Blocked Account depends on the duration of your course/stay in Germany
- The minimum Blocked Account amount is decided by the German Federal Foreign Office. From Jan 1, 2023, the minimum monthly amount required for Blocked Account is EUR 934
- The entire Blocked Account fund cannot be transferred to your Current Account at once. A portion of the fund i.e., minimum of EUR 934 would be transferred every month, so that the applicants can manage their expenses for the entire stay
- Germany Blocked Account is required mainly in the first year. However, if a student fails to provide enough evidence of the financial resources to maintain himself/herself for the second year, he/she will need a Blocked Account even in the second year
- A Blocked Account is known as ‘Sperrkonto’ in German
Useful tips for easy Blocked Account opening
Keep a clear copy of the first page & the last page of your passport in PDF or JPEG format handy. Please enter name and address as per the passport, if the current address is different, then enter the address as per any other address proof. Also, you would need to upload the additional document along with passport in the application as a ‘single document’.
More than an account, access to Value Added services like
- Complimentary German Current Account for daily banking transactions, which you can use even after your student journey is over
- Free Debit Card delivered in India - Withdraw cash from any VISA ATM throughout Europe
- Preferential rate on Education Loan - Aspiring students can apply for ICICI Bank’s Education Loan solution for pursuing professional higher education in Germany. Seamless disbursement credit in your ICICI Bank Germany Blocked Account or in a bank account of your choice
- With an ICICI Bank Multicurrency Forex Card, you can start spending on your basic requirements as soon as you land in Germany
- Get a complimentary International Student Identity Card (ISIC) membership worth ₹999
- Complimentary travel insurance* with Public Health Insurance - Health insurance is a mandatory requirement of VISA for Germany. ICICI Bank Germany through its insurance partner Feather, offers health insurance with leading statutory health insurers like Techniker Krankenkasse (TK) and Barmer. Only those people who opt for a public health insurance, get a complimentary travel insurance
- Assured Cashback* with Expat Health Insurance - ICICI Bank Germany through its insurance partner Feather, offers private health insurance (Expat Insurance). Only those people who opt for the Expat Health Insurance, get an assured cashback
“I had a good experience while opening ICICI Bank’s Blocked Account; their timely updates and helpful employees made my transition to Germany smooth.”
Ramnandha K N
“The employees at ICICI Bank provided constant support, guiding me through opening and managing my Blocked Account for higher studies in Germany.”
“Excellent customer service throughout the entire process. Thanks for keeping in touch and making me feel my fund is safe and secure.”
Amogh Pravin Kothawade
“After arriving in Germany, I activated my blocked account by a simple video KYC process which I could do at the comfort of my home.”
“Opening and activating ICICI Bank’s Blocked Account is very convenient, and I highly recommend it to fellow Indian students heading to Germany.”
“The process was simple and fast. ICICI Bank Germany has a great and dedicated support team”
“Fast and good service for opening my Blocked account”
“Excellent service!! I received my Balance Confirmation within 2 days”
“Simple and user friendly interface! Took one working day for funds transfer and receive Balance Confirmation”
“Great and fast service! I am very happy and grateful”
Reach out to us for more details.